Terms and Conditions of Use
- If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
- When you use cityhook.com, the CityHook mobile application and related interactive CityHook services (the "Service"), you agree to be bound by both the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to be bound by all of these terms, do not use the Service.
- The Service is operated by CityHook, a trading name of Slí Virtus ID Limited of 1 Grants Row, D02HX96 Dublin 2, Ireland with registration number 518137 (the "Company").
- The Service is an intermediary to assist you in making a reservation with a direct provider of passenger transport ("Transport Partner", including their agents and affiliates) and, you, the passenger. When you purchase travel through our Service, you acknowledge that you are creating a direct relationship with your choice of Transport Partner and you shall at all times be subject to the condition of carriage of the Transport Partner.
- You understand that you have a choice of different modes of transport and that you are fully aware of the suitability of the mode of transport for your particular needs.
- While we will endeavour to support you and provide answers to your queries, should you have any questions or concerns reagarding the provision of the services, you must contact the Transport Partner directly.
- The only permitted use of this site is for personal use by passengers over the age of 18. You may not purchase travel for anybody else, unless they are also traveling with you.
- As the Company offers a separate, dedicated solution for travel professionals, the Service may not be used by travel agencies or for making a booking on behalf of any third party.
- As the Company offers a separate, dedicated solution for automated use ("API"/"web services"), the Service may not be used by any automated means.
Planning and Reservations
- You must accurately (a) specify your pick-up or drop-off location, (b) how much luggage and special items you are traveling with and (c) and how many passengers are traveling with you; failure to do so may result in difficulties during your journey, including surcharges or cancelation without refund.
- You are responsible for correctly verifying the correct day, time and location of your journey and ensuring that they arrive in good time to travel.
- Since you provide us your personal choice of pick-up time, you accept that the Company is not responsible for missed travel connections due to insufficient travel time.
- When you make a payment, you are authorizing us to make a booking on your behalf with your choice of Transport Partner, their agents or affiliates.
- You must inform us within 24 hours of making the booking if you do not receive your instructions by email by sending an email with your reservation reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CityHook does not charge you for using the Service. All payments are made on behalf of your choice of Transport Partner.
- CityHook will issue you a payment receipt, travel documents and journey information.
- Prior to departure, limited modifications are possible to your itinerary, as described in "Modifications Cancelations and Refunds" below.
- You agree that the Service is complete when we issue you either (a) check in for your journey and receive your travel voucher (called an "Indigo Pass") directly from the Company, (b) receive your tickets (by email, in-app or other electronic means) directly from the Transport Partner, (c) your on-demand taxi/car service is dispatched (d) your "Live Ticket" (where applicable) is opened in your app or web browser or (e) your physical tickets (where applicable) have been sent ("Voucher Issue").
- Any applicable taxes are charged at the rate that applies in the local destination. As CityHook does not invoice you, we cannot issue you a VAT invoice. Please send a request for specific billing directly to your Transport Partner.
- Unless specified, where applicable, gratuities are not included in the cost of your travel.
- It is your sole responsibility to follow the instructions we issue.
- You must inform us by email to email@example.com if you have not received any instructions from us or have had any difficulty retrieving your Indigo Pass prior to departure.
- Where you have booked a journey with an arranged pick-up, (a) you must be at the designated or selected pick-up point on time, (b) it is your responsibility to find the pick-up point, and (c) the pick-up time will have a limited waiting period included; if you are running late for any reason, you must communicate this to your Transport Partner urgently. Failure to do so may mean that your journey may be canceled without refund.
- Where you have purchased a journey which involved taking a scheduled service, you must board a valid vehicle for your reservation; the validity of tickets will be communicated clearly to you during purchase and be explained on your tickets and/or Indigo Pass. It is your responsibility to be on time for a valid departure time or your journey may be canceled without refund.
- In the event of a delay, we will automatically communicate your delay to your transport partner where (a) you are arriving at an airport and (b) you have provided your flight number.
- If instructed to do so, you must print the Indigo Pass we issue or tickets issued by the Transport Partner. Failure to do so may result in denied transport without refund.
- The Company reserves the right to limit the number of tickets and type of tickets which can be ordered by a customer either in a single or multiple orders.
- You agree to indemnify the Company against any legal issues resulting from your journey with the Transport Partner.
Modifications, Cancelations, Refunds
- Prior to Voucher Issue, cancelations and refunds are possible in certain circumstances where permitted by your Transport Partner. If cancelation and modification is possible, this will be made clear to you during the purchase process and in your confirmation email.
- Cancelations, modifications and refunds are not permitted after Voucher Issue.
- After Voucher Issue, any queries relating to cancelations, modifications or refunds must be negotiated directly by you with the Transport Partner. Your travel documents will contain details about how to contact your transport company.
- In the event that the Company must issue you a refund, we may choose, at our discretion, to issue you with a credit against a future purchase.
- In the event that you have an issue with your Transport Partner, or wish to request a refund for any reason after Voucher Issue, you must do so directly with your Transport Partner.
- In the unfortunate event that you have a dispute with your choice of Transport Partner which cannot be resolved the Company will endeavour to assist you to find an amicable resolution, provided that (a) you provide evidence that you have made reasonable attempts to contact and resolve the dispute with the Transport Partner directly, (b) you accept that we cannot intervene more than once per reservation made and (c) we may refuse to do so at our sole discretion and without justification. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We may cancel your reservation at any time by giving notice by email and issuing you a refund.
Service Provision Guarantee
- Your service may be canceled at any time prior to departure by the Company or the Transport Partner. In this case, you will be refunded any payments made for the unfulfilled segments of the journey.
- If, for whatever reason, the Transport Partner cannot transport you, they will, at their discretion either (a) provide a refund directly to you, (b) instruct the Company to refund you on their behalf or (c) arrange for equivalent transportation of equal or better quality to fulfil your journey.
- In order for Company and Transport Partner to offer the support services described above, you need to provide detailed evidence that a failure actually occurred. Company and Transport Partner cannot assist you unless the evidence is detailed and clearly shows failure in providing the service.
- If, for an arranged pick-up, you believe that the Transport Partner will not arrive on time, you must urgently contact the support number provided to you by CityHook during check-in. If you cannot reach the support facility of the Transport Partner, CityHook can provide you limited support via the contact details we make visible to you within the Service and communicate with you after booking.
Discounts and Personal Referral Codes
- CityHook may offer a discount on travel from time to time by using a discount code during the planning and reservation process. You must provide these codes in advance of purchase; any discounts will not be applied following payment.
- The Company may from time to time issue you with a personal referral code. This is for personal use and may not be published pubblically.
- Discounts may be applied to certain, but not all journeys.
- Any discounts or promotions have no cash value.
- The Company may modify or terminate the validity of any referral codes we issue, at any time without notice.
Personal and IT Security, Fraud Prevention and Safety
- To access certain features, we may require you to register with our service and to create an account ("Account") with certain personally-identifying information including your Phone number, email address, name and credit card details.
- If we provide you with a user ID and password, you must ensure that that user ID and password are kept confidential.
- We may disable your user ID and password in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
- You agree not to use your account, or to provide such that your account is used, to intentionally cause damage to the Service.
- Access to certain areas of our Service is restricted.
- Your ticket will be voided and your card refunded if your reservation was made on an unauthorized third-party site.
- If you believe the Service is being operated via a third party, please do not make a booking and immediately send an abuse report to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Travel to certain destinations and by certain methods of transport may carry more risk than others. Please check with your government state department in charge of citizen travel advisories, up to date internet travel bulletin boards and any other means you can to appraise yourself of the risk involved. By displaying travel information, we do not make any warranty or claim as to the safety of these methods of transport.
- Where the Company, at its sole discretion, determines that (a) a reservation was made using fraudulent means and where (b) tickets or vouchers for travel have already been issued, will actively engage with the Transport Partner, your financial institution or local law enforcement to cancel the reservation and to take measures to recover any financial losses.
- When traveling and in all dealings with your Transport partner you must not disrespect, cause offense to, harass, bully, damage the property of any passenger you are traveling with, whether booked through CityHook or otherwise.
- The Transport Partner reserves the right to refuse admission to their service for operational, safety or security reasons.
- In the event of any emergency or issue where you feel in danger, please inform the local authorities.
- Do not attempt to decompile, disassemble, create derivative works, reverse-engineer or interfere with the normal operation of the Service.
- You must not use our Service in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Service or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Service; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use our Service to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our Service.
- You must not use our Service to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
- You must not use our Service for any purposes related to marketing without the Company’s express written consent.
- You may not link to any website which the Company or its partners operate from a site that appears to be a "Link Farm".
- We do not allow unauthorized access to the site or hosting platform for any purpose. You must not circumvent the measures we put in place to prevent unauthorized access.
- You may not download or retain any part of this site for private, personal or professional use.
- Where we offer the ability to respond and review the information on this site, the views expressed are those of our visitors.
- We use some photography by third parties who have licensed their work under a specific license. All photography is credited. Do not use images that you see on this Service for any purpose before contacting the original copyright holder.
- If you attempt to use our systems for non-personal purposes, by automated means, for unlicensed commercial or other abusive behavior, you agree to forfeit willingly all rights afforded to you under any applicable Data Protection or Privacy acts and we will directly monitor your use of our services in a way which may incriminate you.
- CityHook, the Service, the data within, and the design of the site are copyright 2011-2017 Slí Virtus ID Limited its agents and its licensors. All rights reserved.
- You may not distribute, sell or transmit any materials from this Service and you are not permitted to alter, modify or adapt any such materials, including but not limited to translating, decompiling, reverse engineering, disassembling or creating derivative works, or to reduce the materials to any other form.
- All travel data displayed on this site is the sole property of the Company or its licensors. It may not be copied, reproduced, reused, stored, cached, accessed using a scraper, API wrapper, bot or any other manual or automated service under any circumstances except with express written permission directly to you.
- We may deny access to the Service to any user for any reason at our discretion.
- In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to our Service, for whatever purpose.
- You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
- Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
- You must not submit any user content to the Service that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
- We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to our Service, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our Service.
- Notwithstanding our rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, we do not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, our Service.
Warranties, Liability and Indemnities
- While we endeavour to provide the best information to assist you in making your final decision, we do not make any warranty about the quality of service or fitness for your particular needs.
- We aim to provide the best and most up-to-date information to help you with your travel planning. However, this can change at any moment for reasons out of our control.
- We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on this Service; nor do we commit to ensuring that the Service remains available or that the material on the Service is kept up-to-date.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this Service and the use of this Service (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; (b) limit or exclude your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or (d) exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in these terms and conditions: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the terms and conditions or in relation to the subject matter of the terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature caused as a direct or indirect use of the Service.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage as a result of your journey with your chosen Transport Partner.
- You hereby indemnify us and undertake to keep us indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of our legal advisers) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
- The total aggregate liability of Company and Transport Partner shall not exceed the original price of the service purchased by the passenger.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, we may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including, but not limited to, suspending your access to the Service, denying you travel, informing our Transport Partners of any fraudulent activity, prohibiting you from accessing the Service, blocking devices using your IP address from accessing the Service, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the Service and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
We may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of our Service from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on our Service. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
- We may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
- You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
No partnership or agency
Nothing in these terms is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any partnership or agency between any of the parties, constitute any party the agent of another party, or authorise any party to make or enter into any commitments for or on behalf of any other party. Each party confirms it is acting on its own behalf and not for the benefit of any other person.
Exclusion of third party rights
These terms and conditions are for the benefit of you and us, and are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of our and your rights in relation to these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
These terms and conditions, together with our Privacy Statement, constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our Service, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of the Service.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law, irrespective of the country from which you access or use the Service, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.